Visit Kent Tourism Awards
Launched in 2017, the Kent Tourism Awards, in association with Go To Places, is an annual awards scheme for tourism businesses in Kent.
Kent's tourism businesses and the 77,000 people employed in the industry, drive the £3.8 billion visitor economy. The Kent Tourism Awards are designed to recognise and champion the talented individuals behind these businesses, their dedication and hard work.
The scheme is all about motivating tourism businesses to create compelling experiences and adopt best practice. It rewards exceptional standards of customer service and outstanding overall visitor experiences.
Following an initial round of judging by an independent expert panel, the winners are decided by a round of mystery shopping. Eligible county winners will automatically qualify for the Visit England national Awards for Excellence scheme.
This year there are 14 award categories, to represent the wide range of tourism businesses found in Kent. In addition and in partnership with InsideKent Magazine, a special People's Choice Award will be introduced in the summer, asking the public to vote for their favourite accommodation, attraction and dining experience across the whole of Kent.
- It’s free! There is no entry fee for tourism businesses located in Kent
- Winners will automatically be entered into the national Awards for Excellence operated by Visit England.
- All applications will receive some feedback from our judges.
- Finalists will receive additional feedback based on the mystery shopping visit by the judges.
- Award winners and finalists gain a competitive edge through recognition of their commitment to excellence and quality standards
- Award-winning businesses can attract high-quality staff and help increase staff motivation, loyalty and commitment
- Simply entering the awards is a win-win situation. Completing an application is an excellent management tool and helps businesses focus on key aspects of managing the business and how they can develop and improve in the future- remember that all entrants will receive valuable feedback from the judges
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism operator and raise your business profile and reputation
How to enter?
To enter one of the following categories, you simply need to complete one of the short online entry forms by clicking the links below by midnight on the Friday 31st July 2020.
You can even enter more than one category provided if you meet the eligibility criteria for each award.
- B&B and Guest House of the Year
- Small Hotel of the Year
- Large Hotel of the Year
- Camping, Glamping Holiday Park and Self Catering Accommodation of the Year
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Pub of the Year
- Experience of the Year
- New Tourism Business Award
- Taste of Kent Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Business Events Venue of the Year
- International Tourism Award
- Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award
SPONSORS AND OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNER
This event is in partnership with InsideKent Magazine, official media partner, and is generously supported by the following sponsors:
- Quinn Estates
- Sleeping Giant
- Pillory Barn