Training & Resources
This page will be used to collate and signpost other useful resources and information that you may find useful at this time, along with details of training courses and webinars that may be beneficial.
Training and Webinars
- We at Visit Kent have put together a series of Business Resilience webinars as part of our Interrg Experience project, to help support businesses during this time. READ MORE HERE >>
- BEIS is holding a series of webinars on how to make your workspace safe for staff and customers. These seminars are based around the eight workplace-related guidance notes published so far and includes offices, restaurants doing takeaway/delivery services and working outdoors. Sign up here>>
- Sleeping Giant Media bring you the Business As Unusual Show discussing the latest in business, current trends and goings-on - every Wednesday 12noon and Friday 4pm
- Every Tuesday at 14:00, Digital Tourism Think Tank hold a weekly 30 minute 'Tourism Impact Call' to give the lay of the land in terms of what's happening and how the industry is responding. You'll find more info on this call and the additional resources they have to offer here.
- CBI are hosting Daily Coronavirus Webinars at 10:00 AM, where they share the latest insights and actions taken as a result of their conversations across the government – in particular with No.10, the Treasury and the Business Department.
Business information and support
- Government business support hub
- VisitBritain business support hub
- South East Business Hub have created a page with information and guidance for businesses and employers
- The Kent and Medway Growth Hub provides support and information for businesses
- District Council business information and grants
- The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) has published advice and information around sick pay and leave
- The FSB have guidance for small businesses including advice on financial support
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has advice for the voluntary sector
- Advice from Arts Council England for funding recipients
- Advice from Sports England for funding recipients
- Golf England has advice for golf courses
- UK Hospitality has advice for businesses on managing linen
- Brachers have provided some guidance for managers and HR staff and commercial agreements
- Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce have a business support hotline: 03333 602300
- Arts Council England has announced a £160 million emergency fund to support those in the cultural sector who have been affected by Coronavirus
- Heritage watch has produced business advice on security during business closure, staff safety and security and site plant security
- PASC has set up a website to provide support and information for self-catering businesses regardless of whether they are members.
- The Government have provided more guidance on social distancing in the workplace
- CBI are offering complimentary access to member resources and the opportunity to directly share your concerns through a time-limited membership scheme for businesses. They have also launched a Coronavirus Hub to provide advice and guidance for businesses. Businesses can apply for temporary membership using the online form here.
- Information on Legionella and landlord responsibilities
The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund is a secure way for individuals, philanthropies and businesses to contribute to the WHO-led effort to respond to the pandemic.
The National Emergencies Trust (NET) has launched a coronavirus fundraising appeal to raise funds for local charities. The British Red Cross will be managing donations.
The Hospitality Action Covid-19 Emergency Appeal to provide one-off awards to eligible workers facing hardship.