Our overall vision is simple - we want Kent to be the first choice destination for day visits and short breaks in the UK. We meet this challenge by working together with our private and public sector partners to make our county stand out in the market place, to harness all investment opportunities and enhance our visitor offer.
Our Key Measurable Objectives:
- To encourage day visits and increase short break visits to Kent
- To encourage visitors to use ‘green’ transport for environmental benefits (and increase public transport borne visitors to destinations and attractions)
- To promote Kent as a destination rich in experiences
Our Target Markets:
- Domestic with focus on: Kent Residents and the Visiting Friends and Relative (VFR) Market, Londoners (and those visiting the capital) and people residing within a 2.5 hr travel radius to Kent
- Near Europeans (France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany)
- Overseas Visitor Day Trips Out of London – looking for that quintessential English experience as part of their visit
- Travel Trade
- The whole Kent story is far too big to tell in one go.
- Visitors spend money, but time is what they invest.
- We must connect with the visitor at an emotional level and place them at the heart of our story.
How is this translated into our activities? To tell the story of Kent we divide it into three clusters: North, East and West. We encourage visitors to explore areas that can be easily navigated. We recognise that the truly valuable asset our visitors invest with us is their time and we must strive to reward that investment through compelling content and fantastic experiences. Only when the visitor is able to imagine themselves doing something will they make the decision to pursue it, our content and campaigns are all aimed at encouraging people to do just that.